AI grants 24/7 customer service
After seeing the Google Duplex artificial intelligence (AI) technology – a robot having natural conversations with humans – Eniig, one of Denmark’s largest energy companies, decided to create their own to improve their customer experience.
Together with Trifork and Google, they created a Proof of Concept (PoC) in just 4 weeks, which resulted in the creation of a robot that is able to speak to Eniig’s customers and help them establish a new electricity agreement when they move into a new home.
A long-standing goal of human-computer interaction has been to enable humans to have natural conversations with computers, as they would with each other.
But one of the biggest problems has been that the user has had to adjust to the robot, and not the other way around. Now, Google’s new AI system has shown how it adjusts to humans instead.
My thinking has always been on the cutting edge and years ahead, so I knew I had to find partners that could play ball. Those partners were definitely Trifork and Google.
Trifork presented a detailed PoC plan, based on Eniig’s vision – consisting of a process of 4 sprints in 4 weeks, where Trifork successfully developed the prototype, verification as well as a video, illustrating the AI system convincingly to all stakeholders. Trifork’s strong partnership with Google and innovative approach has helped ensure an intense momentum throughout the entire process.
Trifork produced a prototype confirming Eniig’s business case. Together, Eniig and Trifork had a clear vision of using AI to create a service that enables Eniig to interact 24/7 with new customers and attract both customers and second-generation employees, by being a modern and digitalised company. Additionally, the PoC proved to have multiple benefits:
- Higher customer satisfaction by being available 24/7 without any waiting time
- Reduction of ‘cost to serve’ per call
- Scalability: allowing the business to scale in size and complexity without having to train all the employees, but only having to change the robot in one place
- Possibility of making outbound calls
- Systematic additional sales by always capturing customers’ buying needs and being able to use these in both incoming and outgoing calls
- Consistently collected customer insights and data for analysis